Thursday, January 27, 2011

Stylish Blogger Award



Some days nice things happen, and they give you that little pick-me-up that you didn't know you needed.


Yesterday was that day for me.  Teresa over at One Wet Foot chose my blog as one of fifteen she enjoys.  She also wrote some wonderful things about making a community online, and how there can be some trials and tribulations attached to it.  I think that is why, for me, blogging has been something that only appealed to me as a passing fancy.  That is, until I found about FFwD.  In the meantime, I'm touched that Teresa mentioned my little blog (that only has 3 posts) and it was just the right way to end my day.  


So, here's how the Stylish Blogger Award works:


1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award:
I've already done so, but I'd love to do so again.  Thanks, Teresa at One Wet Foot, it was a lovely thing, and anyone who pairs chocolate with caramel mousse and salted almonds is a person after my own heart.


2. Share 7 things about yourself:
Erm, what?  Nothing more specific?  Well, okay . . . .

  1. My main weakness in life is that I love Diet Pepsi.  I drink one every day.
  2. The only thing that really motivates me to go to the gym is that it's the only time I get to read my trashy novels.
  3. Sometimes, I pour wine at a tasting room.  For fun.
  4. I met my husband in a metro station in Washington DC.
  5. I very much believe in karma and do my best to live accordingly.
  6. My second weakness in life is that I love Eclipse gum.  I used to smoke.  Now, I don't.  I chew gum.
  7. I am also a musician and my primary instrument is/was the trumpet.  I haven't played consistently for years.



3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers:
This one's actually kind of tough for me since most of the blogs I've been looking at lately are for FFwD.  I used to read various blogs all the time, but I guess I got super busy or something because I stopped reading them.  I don't know that I'll do 15, but I'll at least mention a few.
The Lady of Shallots
The Good Life
Things From Scratch
The not so exciting adventures of a dabbler
Dulceshome


4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award!
Excellent!

3 comments:

  1. KB - thank you for the shout out and congratulations on your award and your new blog! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your lovely comments! I hope you continue to enjoy FFwD and your new blogging community... isn't it nice?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! You just made my day!
    Thanks for spreading the good feelings!

    ReplyDelete